What's inside for our Supporting Members

Become a Supporting Member to unlock these extra features and areas. Your support makes this entire project possible.

Are you already a Supporting Member? The Site map is shorter and has links to everyting.

craig-150

“I took the leap and created this space, but I cannot—no one person can—create a community. I’ve put together some combinations of tools and features to enable things I’ve wanted to do, and things I’ve heard others say they wanted to do. But is it a community? Is it your community? That’s up to you, but I hope you’ll join us.”

Craig Constantine

Workbench sessions

This Podcaster Community is an artists’ atelier, and the workbench is the big table in the middle of it all. Tossing something on that workbench invites others’ impressions, input and critique. Supporting Members can toss just about anything on the workbench: New ideas for a podcast show, technical deep dives, cover art, show titles, questions about editing, and anything else related to creating podcasts.

Campfires

Campfire, marshmallows and conversation! The Community gets together occasionally in a sort of free-form discussion that’s not quite a chat, and not quite a discussion. It’s a cross between instant chat and performance art. Our Supporting Members are invited to participate in creating the #public:campfires .

Community calendar

We have a coordinated, single calendar which you can add to your favorite calendaring setup — whether you use Google’s app, or another calendaring app on your computer, phone, etc… At a glance you can see everything coming up in the community. Each event on the calendar has a handy link back to the related topic here in our forum so you can always find the details you need.

Journals

We have a space for posting “dailies”, where Supporting Members can write, post audio files, keep notes, etc. It’s a place to journal, and you can scribble in it as you wish.

Supporting members categories

Supporting Members have access to additional categories that aren’t visible to the public. There’s space for random discussions, as well discussing the direction of the community itself. There are also some categories which are publicly visible but in which only the Supporting Members can create new topics.

"As a relatively new podcaster, it’s important to me to continuously learn and improve what I am offering to my listeners. Becoming a member gives me access to an active, generous podcasting community, as well as the resources and discussions about content, process and tech. Easy decision."

Linda McLachlan
Host, Producer & Editor, The Arena

Ability to post and reply everywhere

Supporting Members can participate in topics in all public areas too. A key feature of this community is that some of what we create, post and discuss is publicly visible. While there’s value in having a private community, some things which begin and develop inside the community become true gems that would benefit people beyond the community.

Collaboration

We have several groups which our supporting members can freely join and leave. Once you have joined a group, you can mention it in posts and the system will send the other group members a notification. You can also use groups for private messaging. This lets us assemble to work, collaborate, communicate, etc however and whenever we wish.

We also have tagging for things like “I’m looking for guests” and “I’m looking to be a guest.” Supporting members can follow these tags to see topics as they are created and tagged as such.

"Podcasting can be a lonely experience without friends who understand its unique challenges. Being part of a community of podcasters who are all at different points along their journey offers an opportunity to learn and grow together by supporting, celebrating, sharing knowledge, and forging friendships. I’m so in."

Boston Blake
Host, Producer & Editor, Mythic

Private Discord server

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 17.00.34

We have a private Discord server where our Supporting Members can hang out, collaborate, practice conversing and interviewing, etc… Inside you’ll find a private Discord invite link that will get you where you need to go.

Custom topic styling

One of the advantages of a community dedicated to one common passion, is we can create exactly what our members need. If you’ve seen these community platforms, you may realize this topic has some custom layout and styling, and that’s another thing our members get to co-create and use. It may sound like a small thing, but why should everything look the same and boring? :)

Go beyond normal membership

If you’re ready to join us, jump to the Subscription setup.

6 Likes