Events and updates for Jun 07, 2024

Here are the upcoming events, and the latest updates, from the Podcaster Community.

Help for indie podcast creators!

If you’re not already a Podcaster Community member, see https://forum.podcaster.community/

Upcoming events

Events in the next couple of weeks…

Spotlight topic is posted — Tue, May 28, 2024
The Spotlight is where you can get feedback, help or information from the entire Podcaster Community. Details…

Spotlight topic live Zoom — Tue, Jun 04, 2024 (3:00 pm ET/NYC)
The Spotlight is where you can get feedback, help or information from the entire Podcaster Community. Details…

Idea Club Zoom — Tue, Jun 04, 2024 (3:00 pm ET/NYC)
Education, inspiration, and service: guaranteed to advance your identity and enjoyment as a Podcaster and add value to your work. Details…

Campfire — Sat, Jun 08, 2024 (3:00 pm ET/NYC)
Virtual gathering where you can share your ideas and passion for podcasting in a social setting. Details…

Community members can also subscribe to the full calendar feed.

Latest topics

A zillion questions answered
Brian Koppelman goes deep into process and creativity—he’s a writer (of screenplays mostly) but a lot of his insights applies to all creatives. Brian Koppelman 2/21/19 Zoinks! It’s …
(In category Workbench, last updated by @craigconstantine)

The achievement society
The achievement society is burning us out, we need more play We are obsessed with work. It shapes our identities, gives our lives structure, and guides us towards our purpose …
(In category Workbench, last updated by @Hoagie)

What’s the overarching arc?
This episode—First, Tell Them An Anecdote—from How Sound, delivered two things for me. First the idea of why one might want to start every episode with an anecdote… …
(In category Workbench, last updated by @steveh)

What do we podcasters “think with”?
Item number 2 from Austin Kleon’s Letters mingle souls struck me… “Something magical happens when a scientist writes with chalk on a blackboard.” Why scientists can’t quit chalk, even …

Tim and Jerry?
Unfrosted, a pretty funny PopTarts romp by Jerry Seinfeld, took me on a winding road I didn’t quite expect…leading back to Seth’s The Practice and Stephen Pressfield’…
(In category Workbench, last updated by @ChristiCassidy)

Top topics

A few of the most-popular topics in the last month…

Tim and Jerry?
Unfrosted, a pretty funny PopTarts romp by Jerry Seinfeld, took me on a winding road I didn’t quite expect…leading back to Seth’s The Practice and Stephen Pressfield’…
(In category Workbench, last updated by @ChristiCassidy)

Make Noise, by Eric Nuzum
This books gets mentioned a lot. I wanted to make sure it has a dedicated topic so it can also appear in the worth-reading tag. :slight_smile: Veteran podcast creator …
(In category Workbench, last updated by @Hoagie)

Idea Club Meets TODAY - 5/7/24
Join us TODAY for the Idea Club! When: 2024-05-07T19:00:00Z (UTC)→2024-05-07T19:30:00Z (UTC) Here is the Zoom link: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/77981246823?pwd=
(In category Workbench, last updated by @maryjlrowe)

How do you see your sound?
@steveh has written a number of great blog posts for his email list over the years. This one even led me to the Out On the Wire podcast ɕ
(In category Workbench, last updated by @Jey)

Self-doubt: Apparently, everyone?
I reported a few weeks ago about the experience of massive self-doubt on a new fiction piece I’m just starting. This has been superseded in the past week or …