Events and updates for Sep 27, 2024

Here are the upcoming events, and the latest updates, from the Podcaster Community.

Help for indie podcast creators!

If you’re not already a Podcaster Community member, see https://forum.podcaster.community/

Upcoming events

Events in the next couple of weeks…

Campfire — Sun, Sep 29, 2024 (3:00 pm ET/NYC)
Virtual gathering where you can share your ideas and passion for podcasting in a social setting. Details…

Idea Club Zoom — Tue, Oct 01, 2024 (3:00 pm ET/NYC)
Education, inspiration, and service: guaranteed to advance your identity and enjoyment as a Podcaster and add value to your work. Details…

Community members can also subscribe to the full calendar feed.

Latest topics

Idea Club Meets Tuesday, October 1, 2024
@ideaclub @members Join us on Tuesday, October 1, 2024 at 3 - 3:30 p.m. ET for the monthly Idea Club! 2024-10-01T19:00:00Z (UTC)→2024-10-01T19:30:00Z (UTC) This month, bring …
(In category Workbench, last updated by @ChristiCassidy)

The effort to know others
Let’s bend relationship advice to apply to podcasting: Feeling stuck in a rut with your podcasting? Go have a conversation with a guest where your entire intention is to …
(In category Workbench, last updated by @craigconstantine)

Humans being
The How Sound episode, “Getting inside someone else’s skin” (May 14, 2019 from the Sound School Podcast) contains insightful comments regarding why in-person is so great. (Sorry, I cannot find a …

Top topics

A few of the most-popular topics in the last month…

What is a podcast?
The test for whether it’s a podcast or not is if they say you can get it “Wherever you get your podcasts.” If they can say that, it’s …

Idea Club - Special Guest - September 10, 2024
Join us for special guest Tracy Hazzard, founder of Podcasters United. 2024-09-10T19:00:00Z (UTC)→2024-09-10T19:30:00Z (UTC) Click here to join the Zoom meeting. Can’t …

Podcasting and RSS
Wait! Don’t run away!! Podcasting and RSS the Importance of the RSS Feed . . . is important. :wink: …also reminds me of Winer’s comment that the definition of a “podcast” …

Trouble letting go
About an hour into Brian Koppelman’s conversation with Edward Norton, Norton is talking about “Tony” having trouble letting go of his film— letting go of the post-production of American …

What’s our five-paragraph essay?
The article I’m linking to below is about AI — wait don’t run away. It made me actually think about: What is the purpose of the five-paragraph essay? How …