Updates for Oct 03, 2026

The Podtalk Community: Help for indie podcast creators!

Want to explore? Start here.


Latest topics

Not Voiced There
Craig Constantine, who hosts the show Podtalk and publishes these field notes, once recorded three women who had co-created a nonprofit. Everybody knew who they were, he says, but nobody …
(In category Workbench, last updated by @craigconstantine)

From the archives: Ken Kaus
From Challenge with Ken Kaus… What motivates and challenges individuals when starting and developing a podcast? Posting a daily question for years transforms a personal habit into a creative legacy. “…
(In category Workbench, last updated by @craigconstantine)

What the title can’t hand over
Emeric McCleary hosts a podcast for widowed people and calls every guest on it a guest co-host. McCleary says exactly why: the title “gives them authority to tell me to …
(In category Workbench, last updated by @craigconstantine)

An order of operations for cleaning up interview audio (so cleanup doesn’t make it worse)
Took me longer than I’d like to admit to learn this: the order you clean spoken-word audio in matters as much as the tools you use. Here’s the …
(In category Workbench, last updated by @Chris)

Hi, I’m Ken. I built The Podcast App, a free RSS podcast player, and I’d like podcasters’ feedback
Hi everyone, I’m Ken from Magnolia Apps. I build The Podcast App, a free podcast player for iPhone, Apple Watch and Android. I’m posting here because this is …
(In category Introductions, last updated by @KenMagnoliaApps)

Welcome Mike, and his World Wide Stew
Have we welcomed @mikethechap ? Welcome, Mike! A lot of the podcasters here first met in the Akimbo podcasting workshops. Mike is a podcaster who came through @steveh’s courses after …
(In category Workbench, last updated by @craigconstantine)


Top topics

A few of the most-popular topics in the last month…

An order of operations for cleaning up interview audio (so cleanup doesn’t make it worse)
Took me longer than I’d like to admit to learn this: the order you clean spoken-word audio in matters as much as the tools you use. Here’s the …
(In category Workbench, last updated by @Chris)

Hi, I’m Ken. I built The Podcast App, a free RSS podcast player, and I’d like podcasters’ feedback
Hi everyone, I’m Ken from Magnolia Apps. I build The Podcast App, a free podcast player for iPhone, Apple Watch and Android. I’m posting here because this is …
(In category Introductions, last updated by @KenMagnoliaApps)

Field Recorders: Zoom Podtrack 4 vs H6e
I’m about to hit the road! I do this every year and am fortunate to often work in venues which can provide SM58s and XLR cables. I usually …
(In category Workbench, last updated by @craigconstantine)

Our shows and websites
As far as I know, this is EVERY website and podcast show feed, for every member of this community. The timestamps keep themselves current; this page follows what’s actually …
(In category Workbench, last updated by @craigconstantine)

559!?
Did we properly celebrate @susanne10 crushing more than 500 episodes?! Each One, Teach One: Cheryl Wilkins on Building Hope Behind Bars, Ep. 558 I’m pretty sure we did not! Congratulations Susanne …
(In category Workbench, last updated by @craigconstantine)