TOMORROW 4/4/2023 The Idea Club Meets, 30 minutes

@ideaclub @supporters @Lovelace @AnnieP @ChristiCassidy @Anna @craigconstantine @clevpt @Annetta-iCU365 @CatherineJ

Presenter: (conversation starter) - Catherine Jaeger

Topic: Three’s a crowd - or is it? Hosting and guesting with 3

Why: Why not consider an episode or series with 3 on a podcast? Many shows use a format of a single host with 2 guests or 2 hosts with a single guest. Let’s break this open and discuss the mechanics and magic of when this works and when doesn’t work. Have you done this? Would you consider making it a threesome?

Personally (Catherine Jaeger speaking): I’ve done a threesome (all three of us know each other well) and have considered co-hosting a series. I was part of a spontaneous threesome experiment during the podcast interview practice group (spoiler: it didn’t go well). I have fun listening to podcasts to sense what’s working and what’s now… and now I invite you to join me on this journey!

2023-04-04T19:00:00Z2023-04-04T19:30:00Z

For extra credit, here are some example threesome shows that we could reflect on:

1. Brene Brown has a podcast roundtable with Tim Ferris and Dax Shepard (she calls it a roundtable - I like that!)

Brené Brown

Brené with Tim Ferriss and Dax Shepard on Podcasting, Daily Practices, and…

It’s a podcasters’ roundtable! In this episode, Tim Ferriss, Dax Shepard, and I talk about everything from preparing for podcasts, parenting, and ping pong, to addiction, trauma, and the long, winding road to healing and wholeness.

1. Webinar conversation hosted by Steve Morris with Gay Hendricks and Chip Conley (YouTube recording)
    Matterco.co

The Genius of Modern Elders.

The Genius of Modern Elders with Gay Hendricks & Chip Conley, hosted by Steven Morris Recorded live on Wednesday, January 5th, 2022 For the first time, Gay Hendricks and Chip Conley, took the virtual stage, with host Steven Morris, to share…

Est. reading time: 3 minutes

1. Brave New Work co-hosts Aaron Dignan and Rodney Evans (they work together at The Ready and therefore know each other VERY well) interview a guest.

Apple Podcasts

‎Brave New Work: 154. Yes to Trust, No to Bureaucratic Theater: 2023 Work…

‎Show Brave New Work, Ep 154. Yes to Trust, No to Bureaucratic Theater: 2023 Work Trends with Sheela Subramanian - Jan 9, 2023

1 Like

This is interesting. I have some experience with this.
My wife is part of Ferguson Harrington Hawkes which has 3 hosts and one guest. They recently started doing video too.
More info at fhhpodcast.com
My role in this has been as a consultant/ coach and as a guest once too when they were practicing doing the show live in preparation for doing in a theatre in front of a live audience. Lynn's Hubby - Mark Tweddle

I don’t know if I can make it tomorrow but I will try.

Best,

Mark

2 Likes

@Mark - excellent contribution to the Topic Mark - of course, we all hope you CAN make it tomorrow but understand both the many constraints and unexpected come-up-it’s too. :+1:

1 Like