The IDEA CLUB meets TODAY 4/4/2023

@ideaclub @supporters @Lovelace @AnnieP @ChristiCassidy @Anna @craigconstantine @clevpt @Annetta-iCU365 @CatherineJ

Presenter: (conversation starter) - Catherine Jaeger

Topic: Three’s a crowd - or is it? Hosting and guesting with 3

Why: Why not consider an episode or series with 3 on a podcast? Many shows use a format of a single host with 2 guests or 2 hosts with a single guest. Let’s break this open and discuss the mechanics and magic of when this works and when doesn’t work. Have you done this? Would you consider making it a threesome?

Personally (Catherine Jaeger speaking): I’ve done a threesome (all three of us know each other well) and have considered co-hosting a series. I was part of a spontaneous threesome experiment during the podcast interview practice group (spoiler: it didn’t go well). I have fun listening to podcasts to sense what’s working and what’s now… and now I invite you to join me on this journey!

2023-04-04T19:00:00Z2023-04-04T19:30:00Z

For extra credit, here are some example threesome shows that we could reflect on:

1. Brene Brown has a podcast roundtable with Tim Ferris and Dax Shepard (she calls it a roundtable - I like that!)

Brené Brown

Brené with Tim Ferriss and Dax Shepard on Podcasting, Daily Practices, and…

It’s a podcasters’ roundtable! In this episode, Tim Ferriss, Dax Shepard, and I talk about everything from preparing for podcasts, parenting, and ping pong, to addiction, trauma, and the long, winding road to healing and wholeness.

1. Webinar conversation hosted by Steve Morris with Gay Hendricks and Chip Conley (YouTube recording)
    Matterco.co

The Genius of Modern Elders.

The Genius of Modern Elders with Gay Hendricks & Chip Conley, hosted by Steven Morris Recorded live on Wednesday, January 5th, 2022 For the first time, Gay Hendricks and Chip Conley, took the virtual stage, with host Steven Morris, to share…

Est. reading time: 3 minutes

1. Brave New Work co-hosts Aaron Dignan and Rodney Evans (they work together at The Ready and therefore know each other VERY well) interview a guest.

Apple Podcasts

‎Brave New Work: 154. Yes to Trust, No to Bureaucratic Theater: 2023 Work…

‎Show Brave New Work, Ep 154. Yes to Trust, No to Bureaucratic Theater: 2023 Work Trends with Sheela Subramanian - Jan 9, 2023

@here I’m camped on “Mary Rowe’s Personal Meeting Room” …is that what others are seeing?

@ideaclub

1 Like

Yes, @craigconstantine

1 Like

Christi and I were on the call and I got dropped. Can’t get in…

1 Like

You might need to logout first and log in

Just called her she’s posting another link

1 Like

Here ya go Lovelace

Oh Annie - this should do it!

Yes that is what I am doing

@ideaclub @Lovelace @AnnieP @ChristiCassidy @Anna @craigconstantine @Annetta-iCU365 @CatherineJ @Mark @DannyvLHealthHats

Idea Club Followup - 4/4/2023

Deepest apologies to @Annetta-iCU365 who found herself in the cold - as did 3 others. Thanks to a phone call from Annie P - 9 of us quickly ended up in the same place but somehow we failed to bring in Annetta. So heartbreaking - Argh!

Catherine Jaeger directed our attention by posting, in advance, the three Podcasts listed ABOVE in her original announcement. Then during the meeting, Catherine skillfully pop-corned us through comments from all 9 in attendance, summed us up and closed us down precisely after 30 minutes. It was a masterpiece!

Reminders: We meet for 30 minutes at the same time on the FIRST Tuesday of EVERY MONTH so our next meeting is:
2023-05-02T19:00:00Z2023-05-02T19:30:00Z
This is a unique dedicated ZOOM link for The Idea Club - also the SAME every month.

These are some of the ADDITIONAL Podcasts mentioned today!

GOOD NEWS! Most of us in attendance are available to host an Idea Club Topic in the foreseeable future. Stay tuned for more on that. :star_struck: