Our community's one-year anniversary!

mind_blown

Time flies! Tomorrow, June 4th, is the one year anniversary of the day I first turned the lights on here.

A couple months ago, in Looking back after 10 months, I laid out where-we-are-now. Today, I want to look ahead…

The community’s podcast

As a sort of birthday present to myself, I renewed the podcast’s (see #listen) SimpleCast account for an entire year. It saves a little cost, but more importantly it feels like a nice commitment. There are 110 episodes so far, and there’s no reason there can’t be many many more in the coming year.

Help wanted

I'm looking for a "greeter" — more specifically, I’d like to have a merry band of people who greet new members here. @Lovelace and I had a great preliminary conversation on this. Follow that “greeter” link and chime in if you’re interested.

Also, that topic is in the category for discussing #ideas for moving this community forward. There are several things in there that would benefit from your contribution.

Value creation

I was reading How to Measure and Report on Community Value this morning. Frankly, we’re hitting it out of the park in every dimension. This part in particular caught my eye…

Reframing Value: Did an experience or new tool result in a shift in a member’s work or their organization’s approach? Are there new expectations for outcomes or performance as a result of community influence? Was there a strategy change or the introduction of new metrics as a result of participation?

I’d particularly like to know…

Are there new expectations for outcomes or performance as a result of this community’s influence?

@trust_level_1

6 Likes

@craigconstantine i’m happy to help. Let me know what I can do to contribute?

I’ll be on vacation until the end of June so after that…

1 Like

YES! Whether we stop making our Podcast, keep going, or stumble forth with fits and starts; there are reasons. Reasons can be discovered, decisions can be made and a new cycle of action can be set into motion.

Within a community that offers education, understanding and encouragement yet withholds judgement, we have a safe place to work all this out.

The opportunities to serve are the ultimate bonus! Service can lift us out of a tangled personal knot, expand our perspective, provide invaluable experience and support our desire to further a dream - better equipped.

The surprise is that service, which takes even MORE time, can actually unlock reserves of time, we didn’t think we had.

That said, we attempt wisdom in choosing a point in time - to insert that key.

Many thanks for turning on the lights here @craigconstantine

2 Likes

Check out I'm looking for a "greeter"

1 Like

Sorry I can’t be more engaged with the community at present. But I care about you and am very happy to toast you with a cup of Pu’ehr tea this morning. :blush:

With friendliness! :sunflower:

2 Likes

Congratulations! Thanks to all the members that provide such great feedback.

1 Like

year 1

@craigconstantine I didn’t realize the Podcaster Community is only a year old. It feels far more established. I am looking forward to reading the CMX article.

Thank you for starting this growing sharing community!

1 Like