BOOK CLUB meets on March 1

@ideaclub
The-Practice-Book

• ALL Welcome to our 2nd Meeting
    2022-03-01T20:00:00Z2022-03-01T20:30:00Z
  • Read “The Practice” by Seth Godin up to page 49 - up through Chapter 39.
  • Post thoughts and doings in between monthly meetings.
  • ZOOM Meeting Format
    – Short welcome! Our Presenter “Christi Cassidy” will be introduced.
    – 5 minute Presentation by Christi on application, experience, or an ah-ha.
    – 10 minute breakout sessions or the Group as a whole.
    – Also during this meeting, we’ll ask an important question of all attendees.
    – 5 minute wrap-up.

ZOOM Meeting Link

Meeting ID: 853 7074 5648
Passcode: 018987

Note: Some sourcing suggestions for The Practice by Seth Godin
https://www.getstoryshots.com/books/the-practice-summary/
https://www.amazon.com/Practice-Shipping-Creative-Work-ebook/dp/B088QLT891
https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Practice-Audiobook/0593343980

4 Likes

Thanks for the reminder, @maryjlrowe - I think it’ll be fun! Our first meeting sure was, and I’m quite enjoying the book, not having to speed-read through it.

March 2 is the new moon in Pisces. It’s also Ash Wednesday.

@ideaclub

3 Likes

@ChristiCassidy - thanks so much for the enthusiastic response Christi AND the calendar reminders around March 2 - which is also the start of fasting among Baha’is :wink:

1 Like

@ChristiCassidy does that mean we should all show up with a smudge on our foreheads?
See you Sat, AP

3 Likes

@maryjlrowe

You are awesome! Thank you for giving and giving and giving. Your organization and presentation of the information inspires me. Well done! :raised_hands:t3: :gift_heart:

2 Likes

And I hope you can join in @Lovelace as that inspires us. Are we all overloaded these days or what? :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@maryjlrowe @ideaclub - I’m such a dimwit I had to look at my calendar to realize our meeting is not on Wednesday, March 2, but on Tuesday, March 1st. Duh. Mardi Gras!

2 Likes

@ChristiCassidy @ideaclub NOT a dimwit - just a very busy sister. I knew you’d catch on, all in good time. So, beads and smudges then?

2 Likes

@maryjlrowe
We are overloaded, indeed. Thinking about you during your fast. :pray:t3:

1 Like

This is so wonderful. Is the time zone EST?

2 Likes

@AmandaB - Hi Amanda - loved your interview with @craigconstantine. It is at 3:00 pm Eastern time - TOMORROW! Hope you can join us!

1 Like

@maryjlrowe Thank you for verifying! I will miss it because I will be picking up my daughter at school. I’ve enjoyed The Practice and I know you will have a wonderful discussion. I listen to it when I see myself going off track or distracted. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Just checking date for next one?

I plan to mention it on the ForwardPodcasters call this coming Sunday @maryjlrowe

1 Like

@steveh - yay that’s GREAT. I’m actually working up a reminder today or tomorrow and will be SUPER SURE to tag you! :+1: Date is Tuesday April 5, 2022 at 3 pm US Eastern Time - 8:00 pm in Whales. Soon I’ll be adept at UTC Time :wink:

2 Likes

@maryjlrowe @craigconstantine @AnnieP @ChristiCassidy @AmandaB @ideaclub

Our first Tuesday of the month book club meetings are a highlight of the week for me. I’m disappointed I won’t be able to join all of you on Tuesday, April 5, 2022 at 2 pm CST / 3 pm EST. I’m interviewing author Alka Joshi (The Henna Artist, The Secret Keeper of Jaipur) for my podcast and, since she specifically asked for the time, I agreed. The books are wonderful, btw, and The Henna Artist will be a Netflix series released in early 2023, I believe.

I’ll miss you all!

2 Likes

@Lovelace - this is just the most precious “can’t make it to the meeting” I’ve EVER seen. We will miss you for sure Lovelace but you will clearly be where you belong tomorrow. It often works out that way. Thanks so much for info on Alka Joshi. I FINALLY visited your website. Breathtaking! Next - listen to a Lovelace Podcast. The Henna Artist just might be the one. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@steveh - Red faced Mary here as it appears that I promised you more information on tomorrow’s Book Club Meeting - 2 weeks ago. Finished it today. Tah Dah - attempting to link elsewhere in the Podcaster Community. Hope it works. BOOK CLUB meets tomorrow April 5, 2022

2 Likes