Workbench: Creating Audio Backups

Wondering if anyone has suggestions for good learning tips while using LOOPBACK and AUDIO HIJACK?
I use Riverside.FM for my distance guest recordings but would also like to create a backup while doing the interview. I also have an H6 Recorder and use Hindenburg as my editing software.
Just experimenting with the virtual devices of LOOPBACK and it seems pretty simple. Famous last words.

3 Likes

Sorry Bruce, I use Riverside with Descript to do my backup recording and editing. Good luck with trying our loopback!

1 Like

@brucedevereux have you gotten this sorted? …or can we hop on a call ( see About the Workbench Sessions ) to work on it? . . . or ??

2 Likes

Workbench is a great idea!! I haven’t sorted yet but I will connect tomorrow about a connect time.

2 Likes

How do we know when to sign up for this subject which I am curious about as well. I still feel like there is so much I don’t know like what is loopback…but in any case, I no longer have a sound engineer so will have to learn all the post-production tricks and make sure I get a good backup. For now, I’m using the iPhone on both ends. I wonder where I can listen to this call if it happened and if it didn’t, when will it? thaks

1 Like

Did you go ahead and schedule one at all @brucedevereux ?
I usually use Descript to do my backup recordings. I’m not sure what I have been doing but the loopback audio has been a bit glitchy. I did the last recording without it as I couldn’t figure it out so I suspect will have a lot of mic bleed to manage.