POD10 Next Zoom Gathering - July 9, 2022

@pod10

Happy First Day of Summer! And Summer Solstice!

With vacation travel, and the 4th of July holiday on the heels of this first lovely day of summer, we’ll hold our next gathering call on 2022-07-09T18:00:00Z

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 884 7089 3203

Be safe, and we look forward to connecting with you soon.

Jayne & Libba

3 Likes

Sadly I’m not going to be able to make the next meeting (either), but will try to be at the one after that. Thanks so much for organising!

1 Like

I look forward to seeing you at that time. It will be great to compare notes!

@pod10

I hope you are all having an enjoyable summer.

We’re looking forward to seeing those of you who can attend our upcoming POD10 Gathering meeting on July 9th

Summer, so far, has been a challenging time for achieving the goals I set for myself. So many more moving parts than last year. How to keep on track with my podcasting goals, while needing to bring in revenue-generating work? Then, so much more family activity than in the past two years. All good! All challenging.

How are you making progress against your podcasting goals? What challenges are you facing?

Join Zoom Meeting

Zoom Video

Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting

Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. Zoom Rooms is the original software-based conference…

Meeting ID: 884 7089 3203

Be safe, and we look forward to connecting 2022-07-09T18:00:00Z

Jayne & Libba

1 Like

I won’t be able to make it either…sorry! In the city (NYC) with appointments.

@pod10

• In reply to your message a couple of weeks ago @Jayne… I get the challenge of keeping on track with your podcast, especially as it’s an interview-based one and, as you say, there are many moving parts and other priorities.

I’m finding keeping up my host-on-mic one a bit challenging during these days of sweltering weather, as my sound booth is a sauna.

I’m recording now first thing in the morning, which literally makes for a different voice (interesting), and am having to dodge the dog barks, which means stopping and starting. An interview podcast would be extremely challenging in these conditions.

I’m keeping up with my weekly objective so far. I also made a simple website on Captivate, my hosting platform. You can check it out here:

https://postcards-with-presence.captivate.fm/

I’ve embedded it on my website too.

When I started my podcast, I told myself I wouldn’t worry too much about the analytics. However, Captivate announces them loud and clear, and my numbers are not high. I’m curious about thoughts on the ups and downs of numbers of downloads, and how others respond to the analytics.

How much do you follow them, read into them and try to improve them?

2 Likes

Hi @CaroH

Sorry to barge in but had to tell you that your pod is great! Really enjoyed both your charming and colourful anecdotes and your amazing voice – so well-suited to podcasting! An absolute delight.

Thank you so much @Ron for listening to my podcast, and for your feedback.

You’ve made my day :relaxed:

1 Like