Anyone using Mastodon?

I’m dipping my toes into making some of my content available to people who are using Mastodon. If you’re using Mastodon, can you see, @craig@constantine.name out in the Fediverse?

(…and no, I’m not going to podcast via Mastodon.)

2 Likes

Not using it. Yet. :wink:

This turned out to be very easy. There’s a plugin for Wordpress which makes the site visible in the Mastodon “fediverse”. If you’re on Mastodon you can now follow craig@constantine.name simply by searching in whatever you’re using to access Mastodon.

As a further experiment, I connected Movers Mindset to the Mastodon fediverse. Following craig@moversmindset.com will find the things that Movers Mindset is publishing.

:thinking: Addresses in the Mastondon fediverse looks like email addresses. Just like email, the format is someone@example.com.

If you’ve been scratching your head wondering if Mastodon is worth understanding… yes, it is. It’s not a “Twitter replacement” — it’s a different way for people to associate with each other. In current “social media” platforms, we the users are the product. In a federated system such as Mastodon, there’s no 3rd-party coercion.

ɕ

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.