Squadcast+Descript tie up

This just landed in my inbox. Sounds intriguing. And I was just about to sign up with Zencastr too! :sweat_smile:

I can’t make this but I may well check it out on catchup.

2 Likes

Thanks, @BrianCumming!

I had an email from Descript that said they’re connecting with my podcast host Captivate.fm

It feels like the evolution of these partnerships has been happening so quickly!

2 Likes

Ah, interesting that it might be Descript pushing the integration. I had assumed it was Squadcast’s idea due to Riverside and Zencastr sneaking ahead.

There’s probably a saying about making assumptions. :wink:

1 Like

@BrianCumming
I watched part of a live webinar with Descript, Captivate.fm, Squadcast and Riverside. After listening, I’m leaning toward Riverside although I’m still using Zoom. I also edit the audio with Hindenburg.

Thanks to @steveh for mentioning Waves Clarity Vx plug-in. It’s a game-changer - $29 (on sale) that removes background noise! Even a vacuum cleaner. @JuleKucera, I don’t know if this might help with your jawbone :mending_heart:

WAVES.COM

1 Like

Lovelace, thanks for the recommendation. I’m not sure the Waves Clarity plugin will work for noises that aren’t background but host-generated :rofl:
My new mic set up just arrived about an hour ago and I’m testing it tonight. If I still hear the clunk, then I’ll check out Waves.
Happy podding!

1 Like