Show your work?

I recently re-read Austin Kleon’s Show Your Work. I liked it years ago — but this page really struck me on this re-reading…

Show your work

I’m starting a dedicated effort to daily show my work… the things that go into the making of the finished things.

However, since podcasting is only one part of what I do, it doesn’t make sense to post everything here in the Podcaster Community. If you want to see all of my work, there are lots of ways to follow me.

Today’s show-my-work

Today’s was podcasting related, so worth sharing here…

Building tools — Currently in my personal knowledge system I have notes on ~400 audio recordings. (Raw recordings I’ve done, podcasts of my own I’ve published, other shows I’ve been on, etc.) That can be my episode notes and writing, but also program-readable meta information. Today, I spent time writing some new tooling to help me sort out transcripts (which recordings have them, which have been sent out, etc.)

Hit reply and show your work!

3 Likes

Okay, I see that gauntlet, @craigconstantine and am impressed. Mine definitely meanders in a different direction, but here you go. And yes, the main country my guest has been discussing–Colombia–is misspelled in my notes!

3 Likes

OK so I’m getting ready to launch my new podcast. It’s been in development for a couple of years and might take a decade or so before I actually launch because…um…I’m useless. Sigh.

I need accountability, help! Anyway here’s part of my draft WordPress blog that I’ve created so far.

Thanks @craigconstantine and the rest of this gang, you are all awesome.

1 Like

Oh, happy days, what a delightful surprise to find on my Wednesday morning!

Except for that “I’m useless” part. That’s just imposter syndrome. Can’t wait to see what you create and please tell me how I can help! :smiley:

Cheers!

1 Like

I’ve been continuing to post my (not always pocasting) work.

Does anyone else do this sort of Seth-and-Kleon-inspired posting? (Because I’d like to follow it if you do.)

https://constantine.name/tag/show-your-work/