Podcast sound effects and feedback loop

I want use use a soundboard and sound effects for podcast, only problem is the host and guests need to be able to hear the sound effects with the audience. So we need to play the sound effect on a speaker and it seems to get picked up in our shure SM7B’s. How can we fix this without all using headphones?

3 Likes

Is everyone in the same space when you are recording? …or are you using a service to record with some guests being remote, across the Internet?

1 Like

Hey Craig, thank you for your response. We’re all in person in one room.

1 Like

Hey, Rami-
Welcome. I use sound effects, but I add them in post production. What are you trying to achieve by playing them during production?
AnnieP

Hey Annie, thanks for your response. We’re also holding live streams so we would need to play them on air

@Rami
Can you explain more what you are trying to achieve? What is the content of the live streams? Are your guests commenting on what they are hearing?

Without a complete picture here I would hazard a guess that you are seriously complicating your life, something I am way too familiar with// LOL
AnnieP

3 Likes

A Podtrak P4, or similar would be perfect for this. Have you looked into it?

1 Like

Is this some kind of Zen koan? As far as I understand your question you cannot do this without headphones.

To make it work live - I think you would all need headphones plus an audio interface with a loopback feature. And if not hardware loopback then using a virtual cable solution - the relevant apps for which would depend if you are using a Mac or Windows.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.