Events and updates for Sep 13, 2024

Here are the upcoming events, and the latest updates, from the Podcaster Community.

Help for indie podcast creators!

If you’re not already a Podcaster Community member, see https://forum.podcaster.community/

Upcoming events

Events in the next couple of weeks…

Campfire — Sat, Sep 14, 2024 (3:00 pm ET/NYC)
Virtual gathering where you can share your ideas and passion for podcasting in a social setting. Details…

Community members can also subscribe to the full calendar feed.

Latest topics

The discovery problem
For me, the real problem with podcast discovery is finding details from within a conversation. This is where LLMs (and eventually AI if we get there) are going to excel. …
(In category Workbench, last updated by @ChristiCassidy)

Idea Club - Special Guest - September 10, 2024
Join us for special guest Tracy Hazzard, founder of Podcasters United. 2024-09-10T19:00:00Z (UTC)→2024-09-10T19:30:00Z (UTC) Click here to join the Zoom meeting. Can’t …
(In category Workbench, last updated by @craigconstantine)

Trouble letting go
About an hour into Brian Koppelman’s conversation with Edward Norton, Norton is talking about “Tony” having trouble letting go of his film— letting go of the post-production of American …

Top topics

A few of the most-popular topics in the last month…

What is a podcast?
The test for whether it’s a podcast or not is if they say you can get it “Wherever you get your podcasts.” If they can say that, it’s …

Idea Club - Special Guest - September 10, 2024
Join us for special guest Tracy Hazzard, founder of Podcasters United. 2024-09-10T19:00:00Z (UTC)→2024-09-10T19:30:00Z (UTC) Click here to join the Zoom meeting. Can’t …

Trouble letting go
About an hour into Brian Koppelman’s conversation with Edward Norton, Norton is talking about “Tony” having trouble letting go of his film— letting go of the post-production of American …

100 issues of my “7 for Sunday” email
As some of you know, I write a weekly email that isn’t related to my podcasting efforts. On Sunday, Sept 1, issue 100 of 7 for Sunday will go out. From the …
(In category Workbench, last updated by @maryjlrowe)

Podcasting and RSS
Wait! Don’t run away!! Podcasting and RSS the Importance of the RSS Feed . . . is important. :wink: …also reminds me of Winer’s comment that the definition of a “podcast” …