Workbench - Recording outside

Dad Sofa goes 32 bit.
As a result of chatting with @craigconstantine and @Jey, I decided to go for the Mix Pre 6.
A little like someone getting off the dodgems at the funfair and going down to the Ferrari Dealership and driving off in the most powerful one in the shop. Fortunately not as expensive but the power is there.
I have to say it is such an easy thing to start using and very intuitive, which I love. In parallel to this discovery, someone pointed out that they were finding my episodes a little quiet on their device. @steveh was really kind and sent me some audios at different sound levels with and without Auphonic.

As a result, I used the Mix Pre for the first time last weekend and seem to have solved the sound problem, partly by using Auphonic and not worrying too much about the Audacity numbers. The dynamic range on the Mix Pre is so great, you can hear droplets of water moving across my uvula as I speak, wonderful!
I will of course enjoy troubleshooting this but would like to thank everyone for their support. An unexpected change is that it seems that turning the volume up on my Podcast has led to more downloads too! Someone else has entered the room!
If anyone is interested, this is a video running through what it can do. Curtis Judd is particularly knowledgeable:

@thearena @JuleKucera @prjones and anyone else who might be interested.

Best wishes and thanks for your friendship.
Rob

4 Likes