Platforms

Good morning podcasters!

At some point in the past I moved my podcast to my captivate. And while I really like the platform it is about 17 or $19 a month and honestly I haven’t made a podcast in months. I moved there originally because it was a flat fee for however many podcasts you wanted to create and that appealed to me.

Because I’m not podcasting or not very much I think I’d like to find another platform at a much lower price point.

Would love to hear people’s input on what they’re using what it costs and pluses and minuses.

And of course I’m sure this has been discussed before feel free to forward me a link to where that discussion is.

Thanks in advance for all your feedback!
Heather

5 Likes

also see…

3 Likes

If you intend to re-start posting new content in the future but are taking a break, perhaps approach them about a pause to the fee? It can’t hurt. They can only say no.

3 Likes

Thanks, good idea:)

1 Like

What is most important to you here @heather ?

This article gives quite a good overview of the different factors. Difficult to stay up to date though.

Hope it helps bring a little clarity about your options or at least identify the right question

/ Steve

3 Likes

Thank you Steve!

Thank you a well for the update email. I meant to get back to you -the email you sent me (sorry about that!)

Glad to be back in the loop with the group.
Hope you are well.

Heather

1 Like

@heather, greetings! :wave:

I’m Shannon, a bit of an absentee lurker on the forum. But I’ve come to the same conclusion re: changing podcast hosting away from Captivate…

If you’re still around, may I ask: what did you eventually decide? Did you change hosting platforms? If so, to whom? How has it panned out?

No worries if this isn’t interesting to resuscitate,
With friendliness! :sunflower:

1 Like

Hi @ShannonMWhitaker

Great to see a lurker!

Check out Acast which has a free tier so could transfer to there and leave it live at no cost.

Full disclosure - I am still with Captivate. I can’t speak to @heather and her experience but would also be interested.

2 Likes

Hey, hey, @steveh. Lovely to hear from you. :blush:

And I think you have another podcast course coming up? I hope it goes well. :)))

Thought I’d attend a few campfires/chats to see if anyone else has transitioned. I’m wondering what I’ll lose in the process. Podcast Idea Club on the 16th, yeah?

With friendliness, :sunflower:

I think the only thing to be aware of is that the stats from the previous host do not follow through. But you can download the details before you change if you want to keep track of them. :slightly_smiling_face: