How to really annoy your podcast listeners

I thought this was an interesting survey of pitfalls…

Are there any that he missed?

I’m also wondering how many of his points happen because we podcasters are driven to “act out” because we are starved for feedback and resources?

And if that’s the case, what are things you do to get the attention, feedback or resources that you need outside of “in” your podcast audio?

I’m looking for fresh ideas I might try, as much as I’m looking to spark a discussion :slight_smile:

ɕ

2 Likes

Great points!

great points indeed. the rambling part is subjective imho- sometimes a great question isn’t complete without the supporting follow ups, it could lead to more questions- i guess for the host to know when to get back to the topic is the skill needs to be on point. but great ideas indeed!

the article was interesting, and I like your questions, Craig…
the one point in the article I agree wholeheartedly with is the “rambling” business…
even when I’m a fan of a podcast, I get antsy with they start rambling — pushing out content that isn’t content…
filling air-time with empty words…
I can understand when someone is trying to gather their thoughts and get somewhere, but I’ve been in plenty of meetings when the extraverts in it blather about — going nowhere — just because they like to hear themselves talk…
podcasts are full of that dynamic…
the question you bring up that really tickles me is the business of being starved for feedback…
I think the way I would put it is that we’re ALL starved for praise…
not everybody is looking for feedback…
yeah, we ALL NEED a pat on the back for the work we do…
very few people, though, seem to care enough to look for constructive criticism so they can level up their game…
and even fewer people seem able to give constructive criticism…
in my opinion, that’s the most valuable aspect of art school…

so, yeah… we all need more attention…
and we’d all LOVE more praise…
but IMO we’d ALL benefit from genuine, professional criticism…
(kinda like having a podcaster Gordon Ramsey come in and give us a reality check and a real kick in the pants)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.