How does Google Podcast Manager work?

I am confused for if Google Podcast Manager is just an search engine crawling through the internet to find my Podcast show. If so, does that mean any update for my episode need to be done at my Podcast hosting? Can someone with more advance knowledge give me advise, thanks.

does that mean any update for my episode need to be done at my Podcast hosting?

Generally, yes, everything periodically checks your podcasts’s RSS feed for updates. When you publish a new episode, or make changes to one (for example, edit a title or episode notes, or even replace the audio file) everything will eventually notice the change automatically.

I am confused for if Google Podcast Manager is just an search engine crawling through the internet to find my Podcast show.

I’m not sure how it specifically works. My guess is that one (someone who creates podcasts) has to create an account, or log in with an existing Google account… then you give it the RSS URL of your podcast show.

Do you already has a podcast setup with a podcast hosting provider? (what’s your show’s name?)

ɕ

…also, https://podcastsmanager.google.com/about has a small questionmark-in-a-circle at the top of the page. It opens with a whole bunch additional links and information.

thanks for advise. yes, I do have podcast at Spotify, named 冰冰故事冰團. Welcome to provide me advise, thanks.
Also, my target audience is mostly in Taiwan. Have you heard about Soundon? Are they also like Anchor, a middle-man distributing RSS? Thanks.

thanks Craig, I replied you on web. please check. thanks.

Craig Constantine via Podcaster Community <notifications@podcaster1.discoursemail.com> 於 2023年11月8日 週三 上午11:53寫道:

What question do you have?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.