Heavy Hitter Sports: Pre-The Legend Lives On

Let me know what you think of my latest episode on the enduring legacy of Steve Prefontaine. :grinning:

https://www.heavyhittersports.com/

4 Likes

I donā€™t like sportsā€¦ but I just listened to the entire episode because it was interesting :slight_smile:

Terrific job breaking apart that guestā€™s content and blending it with your episodeā€™s story-arc. Music-bumpers, transitions, voice trackingā€¦ itā€™s all top-shelf.

In the first third (or so) I felt your voice/presense felt flat. Somewhere around the middle, you warmed up or lit up. In the first third I was giving you the benefit of the doubt (ā€œIā€™ll keep listeningā€¦ā€) but in the middle and onward I was all-in. (Not sure how you turn that into actionable, but there it is.)

You also have a nice nack for cadence and phrasing that kept me listening; I didnā€™t find I was zoning-out as you were talking.

Your personal emotion came through great in the sober parts (later half). I wish you had laughed a little or been more light-hearted in the first half.

Thatā€™s all I got :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Craig, truly appreciate the feedback. I will keep the voice tone comments in mind when I listen to the episode again. Good comments re laughing more. I find it much easier to bring that spirit into play during lives interviews. Thanks for the other kinds comments.

3 Likes

Mark, how come youā€™re not Hoagie anymore?
Just wonderingā€¦ :thinking:

Thatā€™s just how I signed up. But I would love to switch back to ā€˜Hoagieā€™ if Craig can share guidance on how to reverse course. :grinning:

2 Likes

@craigconstantine , is it possible for @Hoagie aka Hoagie to change his username? I went into Settings and didnā€™t see an option for that. Welcome any direction you can provideā€“thanks!

1 Like