100% Mobile

I took a long-overdue family vacation, and promised myself not to bring my laptop. It sounds so crazy. I don’t recall traveling anywhere without it, even on vacation. Can I go 100% mobile?

It was challenging in many ways. I have not used my mobile as my only tool previously, amazing what I could really do. I spent time recording with voice memos [iPhone], voice record pro, ferrite, and audacity audio recorder. Each had a different approach and interface to learn.

To keep it simple, I recorded using my earbuds/mic for all four apps. I was sitting on a porch in a thunderstorm, my only quiet time to record, which wasn’t so quiet after all. It was a fun experience.

Of the four recordings, I was most impressed with ferrite. Uploaded the recordings into auphonic, converted to wav formats, and then applied noise reduction to each format. Pretty impressive app.

It was easy to back-up each file to dropbox, once I figured out the integrations. And then upload to soundcloud.

I could have continued with more detailed voice | sound editing, but this was about mobile tool learning.

Aha lesson! Have a podcast or two on the shelf when traveling, just in case. Upload and revise the mobile recording on the laptop later. Much easier. But in a pinch, I feel I could record and edit 100% mobile.

Here’s the ferrite recording no edits, wav conversion and noise reduction, without detail voice editing.

I did a third test with auphonic with noise reduction added. It did reduce the noise further, but my words were clipped. Perhaps the thunderstorm in the background threw the algorithms off.

5 Likes

Sounds good in my ear @Jayne, with the rain and thundershower additions in the background. (Yes, I could hear the background in both and I ended up being partial to the Auphonic version. Just FYI.) Great to hear these two audio clips back to back.

2 Likes

Jayne,
Thanks for the mobile apps review.
Sounded good enough to my ears!
Peace,
~ Emeric

Emeric McCleary
Podcaster/Teacher/Encourager

The My Spouse Died Too podcast host
https://www.myspousediedtoo.com

T 513.260.3649

1 Like

Just dawned on me that I could re-send the auphonic conversation with the auphonic noises reduction version for comparison. Of the two I prefer the conversation. A good experiment overall

@David3560 @Emeric

1 Like

Keep shipping!

Enjoy the weekend.

Emeric McCleary
Podcaster/Teacher/Encourager

The My Spouse Died Too podcast host
https://www.myspousediedtoo.com

T 513.260.3649

1 Like

Apologies, not sure how I broke the links… Was playing around with sound cloud. Here are the two link references.