I made a website to level & clean up podcast audio!

Homepage: loudness.fm

Upload your audio: loudness.fm/upload

In one click:

• normalize to the standard -16 LUFS
  • level out volume differences between speakers
  • reduce noise
  • trim excessive silence

I made this specifically for podcasters, so the interface is much simpler than the alternatives (e.g. Auphonic). Hope this helps, and let me know what you think! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

My pleasure, hope it’s useful to you!

Also feel free to check out my other post (from when we were in beta), if you’re interested in what others have been saying about Loudness.fm.

1 Like

Hi @mjan1002 that’s great and I can’t wait to test it out.

Say may I ask what makes loudness.fm a more useful tool than something like Auphonic?

1 Like

Hey @Jey, glad to hear you’re trying it out — let me know what you think! To answer your question:

Why indie podcasters may choose Loudness.fm over Auphonic:

Auphonic supports not only podcasts but also lecture recordings, movies, etc. This causes them to have a complicated settings interface that’s overkill if you’re dealing with only podcasts.

A real world consequence of having complicated settings is that if you’re not careful in dialing these settings, you might get suboptimal results. For example, depending on whether your podcast audio is mono or stereo, you should be choosing either -19 or -16 LUFS respectively. Or, you can just choose -16 LUFS and enable dual-mono mode. But unfortunately that’s hidden away in Auphonic’s advanced settings.

Loudness.fm, on the other hand, just does the right thing™ for podcasts. By catering only to podcasters, we’re able to trim away all the unnecessary settings. With Loudness.fm, all you need is to select “Loudness Normalization” and it’ll automatically bring your audio to -16 LUFS with dual-mono enabled. The best part is you don’t have to know about LUFS or anything. Just click the button — we’ve worked it all out for you behind the scenes :slight_smile:

Here are a few more reasons why podcasters may choose Loudness.fm over Auphonic:

• Loudness.fm’s user interface is cleaner.
  • Per user feedback, compared to Auphonic, Loudness.fm’s leveling algorithm is better at handling fade-ins and fade-outs between speech & music. Loudness.fm’s algorithm is also less likely to introduce annoying clicks/pops if your audio is (near) clipping.
  • Loudness.fm offers the same free tier, but more affordable paid tiers, which adds up in the long run.

Hope this clarifies, and let me know if you have further questions!

3 Likes

Love this, especially @mjan1002. Yeah that’s a compelling set of reasons.!

Thank you for sharing in such detail I really appreciate it. :pray:

1 Like