How to be a guest on the companion podcast

craig-150

In this community’s companion podcast I talk with podcast creators about their ideas, experiences, what they’ve learned, what motivates them, their personal points-of-view, and all sorts of things related to podcasting.

You do NOT need to have a podcast show to join me for a conversation.

To learn more about my podcasting work, check out my creator page on Podchaser. Everything else about me can be found on my personal web site constantine.name.

You are invited

Let’s skip past the Imposter Syndrome, where you think you’ve got nothing to say. :slight_smile: Take a breath. That’s better. Now . . .

I invite you to join me for a twenty-minute recording session. Pick a half-hour spot via Calendly which works for your schedule:

If you don’t see a day, or time-of-day, that works for you, please email team@podcaster.community with a specific date/time which would work for you. I’ll try to fit you in. Or email me and tell me when you want me to ask you again later, (“give me a couple weeks”, or “ask me again next month”, …and I’ll followup with you then.)

How we’ll record

We’ll be using Zencastr.com — You will need a desktop or notebook computer
and the Chrome web browser. This is the hardest part; You must use a Chrome web browser to join the recording call.

Relax
There’s no need to prepare, and there’s no need to show up early.

Half-hour meeting
You’ll receive a Zencaster invite via email about 15 minutes before the scheduled time. There’s no need to show up early though.

Record ~20 minutes
After some warm-up conversation, we’ll dive in. We’ll be recording audio-only.

Headphones, please
Please have headphones. If you have a good mic setup, that’s nice to have, (but not required.)

Published immediately
The episode will be published right after our recording. I’ll create a topic here in #listen, and the podcast appears everywhere podcast are normally heard.

Episode notes and extras
If you wish, you can reply to the topic with any additional information that you want to include; links to your web site, podcast, social networks, etc…

Can you use what we record?

Yes, of course!

When we’re done recording, just ask, and I’ll email you download links for the raw audio files.

17 Likes