Behind-the-scenes video of PodComm podcast recording

I shot an ~hour long video of the entire process of creating an episode of a Podcaster Community episode. The one with Steve.

My original thought was to just Vimeo the raw thing. But it’s boring, and it’s enormous … 23G of .mov

Would anyone be interested in cutting it down? Wouldn’t need to be fancy… just sit (or skim, you get the idea) through it and keep the good parts— it’s probably about 15 minutes of actually interesting, me working behind-the-scenes stuff. Generate an mp4 and pass it back to me so I can put it up via our Vimeo account here in PodComm.

I’d like to put it in #public or maybe #public:resources …for everyone to get ideas from.

Thoughts? / Any takers?

@supporters

2 Likes

Sorry, but I don’t do video, @craigconstantine!

2 Likes

@craigconstantine Lo siento tambien
Like @AnetteCarlisle, I have never done any video editing work either. I wish I had the experience and practice to assist.
Could you easily break it into shorter segments, share those here, and let a few people skim through the raw material/footage that way?
Feedback to you (e.g., Clip 1, keep 1:45-2:55, 7:05-end; Clip 2 3:35-6:50; Clip 3, etc.) could then potentially create a quick Cut to keep just the highlights? Could still be an unwieldy task but as I have zero knowledge of these things…

2 Likes

I’m an Audio Gal from way back @craigconstantine ; blame it on being raised with radio.
Green Hornet, anyone?

2 Likes

I should follow up on this: I eventually decided to chuck the video. It was vastly not useful. If you want to know how the show gets made, join me on it :laughing:

https://forum.podcaster.community/t/how-to-be-a-guest-on-the-companion-podcast/132

2 Likes